Tech for Your Business: Accounting and Bookkeeping
It can be tough to keep track of your finances, but there are plenty of tools available to make business bookkeeping more straightforward.
It can be tough to keep track of your finances, but there are plenty of tools available to make business bookkeeping more straightforward. In this webinar, presented by Accion Opportunity Fund and Liz Is All Biz, bookkeeping expert Elizabeth Hanley shares tips and tricks to modernize your bookkeeping. Hanley also reviews popular apps and other digital tools that will set you up for success. Having a robust bookkeeping system in place allows you to do the things you need to do- like filing your taxes and paying employees. It also gives you the opportunity to quickly apply to access financial resources, like many of the emergency Covid-19 relief loans in 2020 and 2021.
Hanley demystifies core bookkeeping concepts like:
- Tracking income, expenses, assets, and liabilities
- The difference between desktop and online bookkeeping software
- The best bookkeeping method for you
- Bookkeeping learning curves
- Separating personal and business bank accounts
- Business and personal expenses
- Cash vs accrual bookkeeping methods
- Sales tax
- Employees vs contractors
The bookkeeping tools and apps that Hanley reviews include:
- Excel or Google Sheets
- QuickBooks (desktop or online)
After this webinar, you will be ready to track your finances and build a stronger business.